When I had my family’s shop, the production manager and I met at 7 AM each morning to go over the day. It’s crucial to stay on the same page as your partner(s) so that everyone remembers to work toward a similar goal.
A similar goal is to move the company forward, serve its customers, and grow. Here’s the simple agenda I used each morning. Mind you, it doesn’t have to be a long meeting. 5-10 minutes is all it can take.
- Inspirational Quote:
- What did I accomplish yesterday?
- What do I need to accomplish today?
- What do I need from you?
- What did you accomplish yesterday?
- What do you need to accomplish today?
- What do you need from me?
- What orders need to go out today?
- What orders need to go out this week?
Janet Johnson is the author of My Money Pivot: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Finding & Making More Money. Before becoming a coach, Janet gained seventeen years of experience in a family-owned manufacturing company. She also trained small business owners in Financial Management and Lean Enterprise through contracts with the State of Connecticut and the Small Business Administration for seven years.